Flash

Fish are friends, not food.... except for the yummy ones...

Saturday, March 26, 2005

One night in Bangkok...

la la la la la la... (must admit I don't really know the words past that point).

What is it about International travel that brings out the surreal? (you might have guessed from the title that I'm currently in Bangkok Airport)
On the way to Auckland airport we drove past a very large Bendon billboard which I'd swear featured my old flatmate Sasha... I'll have to wait 10 days to verify that one. She'd always talked about getting into modelling, but still a shock to see her scantily clad (no shock there, she was renowned for milling around semi-dressed) and 5 metres tall.

The next surreal experience occurred only an hour later in the departure lounge toilets of Auckland Airport, "always go before you go!" ;-) It was blatantly obvious the guy in the next cubicle was enjoying a last joint before boarding the plane. This in itself isn't that odd, but what got me was that they waited until after the customs checks before inhaling the evidence! Some people...

SO I've now flown 3 hours to Brisbane, luckily the stop over was only 45 minutes, and then another flight to Bangkok. Not sure how long the flight was but it's now 5am local time, which is 10am NZ time.
Got to wait until 7:10am local time to check in for my flight to Hanoi, but at least that flight is quite short. We arrive in Hanoi at 9:30am (they are in the same time zone as Bangkok).
I saw the day rooms that Mum and Dad have talked so favourably about... but not much point for 2 and a bit hours, so I've opted for 1.5 hours of internet access for $3USD (it fixes what ails ya!)

I'm guessing that GBFSB has left too by now, and is no doubt experiencing different but equally surreal experiences. Maybe it's the sleep deprivation?

Next post Hanoi!!

3 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, March 26, 2005, Blogger Mad Hatter. said...

"...and the world's your oyster! something else, something else, something else (ask GBFSB)" :-)

I managed to do 4x Bangkok Airport - the land of non-existent ATMs and long corridors - over 3 weeks - enough to last a lifetime i think...looking forward to the Hanoi posting!

:-)

 
At 11:57 AM, March 26, 2005, Blogger Mad Hatter. said...

Maybe it was a customs officer smoking the joint...OR...maybe it was Sasha!

 
At 8:44 PM, March 26, 2005, Blogger Flash said...

yeah, I thought about the previous option. Probably the most likely (after cleaning staff of course).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home