Flash

Fish are friends, not food.... except for the yummy ones...

Friday, March 25, 2005

Roll on 4pm

Everything is packed, even have printouts of all the info I may need in Hanoi airport just in case I flatten my iPod battery on the plane... The most important printout has my phonetic versions of "hello, goodbye, yes, no, thank you, please" and Lan Anh's phone number (in case it all goes horribly wrong ;-) Couldn't find the most important audio clip: "I'm sorry", will have to get Lan Anh to teach me that one on arrival :-)

It's a bit concerning that everything of value has ended up in one small bag, cameras, iPod, flight documents etc... however it is the most secure bag I have, and will be strapped to me on arrival. I think the worst scenario would be if I fell on it :-S

So now I have to kill time until 4pm... and then the travelling begins.... and won't end until 9:30am Hanoi time (2:30pm NZ time tomorrow). Yaa, 22:30 of travelling... that seems very odd for a place that looks about 5 hours away. I think there is quite a lengthy stop-over in Seednee.

Our intrepid journey into the unknown has become an uber-organised 10 days with everything scheduled to the minute. Watches will be synchronised on arrival. This isn't very surprising though. Hopefully all our plans will fall over on the first day and we'll end up spending the 10 days making it up as we go along (like normal people would...)
We'll just have to wait and see... ;-)

Next post from somewhere in Asia....

1 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, March 25, 2005, Blogger Mad Hatter. said...

Are we there yet?!

Huh? huh? huh?

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home