Flash

Fish are friends, not food.... except for the yummy ones...

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Pop goes The Hare

Well, we made it to Charlotte, which was a surprisingly more modern city that those we've seen so far. But the following was to be a long day of driving, so not much time was devoted to sightseeing. We did eat at a seafood restaurant, a boat on an estuary. In the morning I went for a run around Patriot's Point, which was pretty cool. There's a maritime museum with a destroyer and an aircraft carrier and such.

So we took off for Richmond, Virginia, via Durhan, North Carolina. I didn't realise it, but Duke, the medical university, is in Durham. We stopped to look around that campus (very cool chapel building). And then, just as we were heading in to Durham for lunch....

Apparently I ran a red light that I didn't see..... I woke up in the hospital with no recollection of the accident. I have a broken arm (makes typing awkward). My passenger has a broken collar bone. The other driver is unhurt, apparently. I never met him... to my memory.

I've been out to the wreckers to see my car... it's going to be a write off. So now we're stuck waiting for he insiurance assessor and to see if either of us can drive a rental car. So we're sittting tight for a few days.

I'm still watching the impending launch. I can fly from here back to Orlando tomorrow morning. I might make it just in time for the launch. Then I guess I'd flight right to Alabama, to meet my booked flights home.... we'll have to see how it works out.

Watch here for more details.
Cheers
GBFSB

3 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, July 27, 2005, Blogger Mad Hatter. said...

Were you planning on telling us this?

 
At 10:29 PM, July 27, 2005, Blogger Flash said...

Bloody nora girl!
Red lights are usually kinda important...
:-S

 
At 5:58 PM, July 28, 2005, Blogger Flash said...

So did you see the launch?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home