Flash

Fish are friends, not food.... except for the yummy ones...

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Baked Beans for breakfast :-)

Back in Godzone :-)
Finally have had a decent nights sleep. Still coughing like mad but I've been taking sudafed and strepsils 'dry cough' liquid... Mmmmmmm :-)
The flight home was pure hell, travelling when you're sick is not good. Flight from Vietnam to Bangkok was fine, and I was rather glad to have escaped Vietnam without suspicion of SARS. I managed to get all the way through the HCMC airport without coughing!! That took some doing.
Had a 4 hour wait at Bangkok, I was feeling ok at this stage and so spent the time chatting to Todd online. I contemplated getting a day room but thought there wasnt much point as I was only a few hours into the journey. That was probably a mistake.
The flight from Bangkok to Sydney was an over-nighter, so they dropped the temperature in the plane to help everyone sleep... I spent 9 hours coughing... 3 coughs every 30 seconds.... it was a long flight! By the time we got to Sydney I had no voice and was feeling quite giddy. Managed to transfer through Sydney airport without saying anything (had absolutely no voice at this stage) but couldn't find a chemists in the airport. Luckily only had to wait half an hour before reboarding the plane, and the flight to NZ wasn't too bad.
Filling in the arrivals card for NZ was a laugh... I had to tick pretty much every red box there was. Have you got any plant matter with you? Yes. Have you got any animal matter with you? Yes. Have you got any food with you? Yes. Have you been tramping overseas? Yes.
In the SARS section there was a question, have you been in a SARS affected country? I put no, coz' the next lot of questions were: have you been to a medical facility in this country in the last 10 days? Are you experiencing a cough or difficulty breathing? (followed by instructions on how to be quarantined by the cabin crew if you ticked yes to these). I decided to tick no for the first question and bypass all that...
Going through MAF was pretty straight forward, they inspected my boots and washed them with disinfectant for me, but everything else was fine.
Todd was waiting outside for me. Big parts of the trip home I can't remember. I know we stopped for water (and cough syrup!) at the BP just north of Auckland, and I remember the roadworks just north of Orewa.
It's good to be home :-)
Boris seemed happy to see me, "feed me!".
Managed to get a full night's sleep last nite. I woke every 3 or 4 hours, but took another sudafed and teaspoon of cough syrup (Yum :-)
I think I'll spend today sleeping too, apart from the compulsary meals so I can have my plethora of tablets, apparently we're flying to Nelson tomorrow lunch time... we'll see how that goes :-S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home